Things to do during your stay at Dolgellau self catering lodges
The Lodges are about half a mile from Dolgellau in Snowdonia National Park, a stunning part of North Wales
The Lodges are set in 20 acres of private parkland currently still being maintained as 3 golf holes from the former golf course which are exclusively available to yourselves to use as often as you like during your stay.
We are ideally situated to do so much exploring whilst you are with us. Just some of the local tourist attractions are listed below.
- Cader Idris (2 miles)
- Beaches at Fairbourne & Barmouth (8 miles)
- Pony Trekking Abergwynant Farm(8 miles)
- Coed Y Brenin Mountain Biking (6 miles)
- Mawddach Estuary Cycle track (1/2 mile)
- White water rafting (18 miles)
- Centre Of Alternative Technology(15 miles)
- Corris Craft Centre - King Arthurs Labyrinth (11 miles)
- Tal y Llyn Steam Railway (12 miles)
- Fairbourne Steam Railway (10 miles)
- Zip World (26 miles)
- Mach Loop (5 miles)
There are so many activities to be enjoyed include walking and climbing in Snowdonia, and mountain biking at the world famous Coed Y Brenin mountain bike centre (cycle storage is available at the lodges on request). You can also plenty of fabulous golf, horse riding, whitewater rafting, paddle boarding and canoeing and so much more. Birdwatchers can visit the local RSPB reserve at the Mawddach Estuarary as well as seeing what wildlife you can spot from the decking! The Mach Loop is only 5 miles away with jets frequently flying nearby.
There are a some lovely shops in the town of Dolgellau along with a couple of supermarkets, Co-op and EuroSpar. There is a butcher and fruit shop in the square and a bakery and deli. There is a W.I market in the Free Library on a Thursday morning starting at 9.30. We also have some lovely restaurants in the town with something for everyone.